Information regarding Covid-19
In a matter of weeks, Covid-19 turned our world upside down. Our movement was restricted, families disconnected and borders closed. However, we are slowly getting back to "normal" and there's no better time to discover all the world-class adventures in your back yard.
Since we want to offer our guests and employees the greatest possible protection against the new Coronavirus, we adhere to the guidelines of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (Bundesamtes für Gesundheit, or BAG) and our superordinate associations. We thank you in advance for your support through personal responsibility and solidarity.
How we protect you
- We regularly clean our hands with soap or disinfectant.
- Wherever possible, a window separates us, or we use a hygiene mask.
- We maintain a distance of 1.5 meters between ourselves and you.
- We clean surfaces and objects regularly.
- If we feel ill, we go home and isolate ourselves until we are healthy again.
How you can help us
- Wash your hands regularly with soap or disinfectant.
- Wear a hygiene mask. This is obligatory in publicly accessible facilities, heavily frequented pedestrian zones, in all Jungfrau Railways means of transport and on public transport. The mask obligation also applies to transportation we provide.
- By booking an activity you agree to the general terms and conditions of Outdoor Interlaken AG and confirm that you are in good health when participating in an activity.
- When you register, we will retain your contact details so that we can contact you in the event of a possible Covid-19 case.
- Participation in an activity is not possible if you have flu symptoms, respiratory problems, or similar illnesses. If symptoms arise, the guide or Outdoor Interlaken office must be informed immediately.
Points of sale / Rental
- All of our sales outlets have been equipped in accordance with the current guidelines of the BAG.
- According to the BAG, wearing a mask is mandatory in all publicly accessible places in Switzerland.
- Whenever possible, the minimum distance of 1.5 meters should be maintained, or a mask must be worn.
- Masks and tubes can be purchased at all of our sales points.
- All Outdoor Interlaken AG products can be purchased online. This can reduce waiting time.
- Rental equipment is disinfected when it is returned. Disposable headscarves are available for helmet rental.
Our Guides and Staff
- All guides and employees are trained and made aware of the protection concept.
- All employees carry safety equipment such as protective masks and hand disinfectants.
- Although the Swiss Confederation has declared that outdoor sports are, in principle, safe, our employees are obliged to wear masks at meeting points and in places where the required distance cannot be maintained.
- By prior arrangement and with the consent of the guests, the guide may do without a mask during the activity.
- Employees who show symptoms are not allowed to guide. In case of suspicion, a Covid-19 test will be ordered.
During the activity
- The guide is responsible for safety during the activity and may stop it in an emergency.
Refunds are possible if:
- you have cancelled up to 24 hours before the start of the activity.
- a medical certificate from a local doctor is available.
- a Coronavirus test is available (positive or negative, with the date of the booked activity).
External service providers
- When using the services of external service providers, such as mountain railroads, hotels, restaurants, etc., the protection concepts and measures of the respective company apply. These must be respected and complied with.